The BSF Charter was originally conceived and created by a group of ‘Early Adopters’ comprising local authorities, contractors, housing associations and property developers, with the support of the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG).
In early 2020 the Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) was appointed to develop and manage the Charter. The CCS has established a new, not-for-profit organisation (Building a Safer Future Ltd) and we now wish to create a new independent governance structure and appoint the organisations first Board of Directors.
We are seeking exceptional and committed individuals to join our new governance arrangements and are seeking our first independent Chair and individuals to join our Board of Directors.
For the role of Chair
- you will lead the Board while working closely with the Chief Executive to deliver the Charter vision and ensure the effective development and stewardship of the organisation.
For all roles
- you will have experience of serving on high performing boards and of providing strategic thinking and insight. As well as being an excellent and persuasive communicator you will be used to engaging a broad range of stakeholders at the very highest level of industry and government. Your personal gravitas and collaborative approach will mean that you are a credible and effective influencer and you will leverage these exceptional skills to build strong and impactful relationships.
Experience and skills
We are particularly keen to attract exceptional candidates from both within, as well as outside of the construction sector, where major safety management responsibilities apply (for example, aviation, chemical, rail industries), and with in-depth knowledge of the one or more of the following:
- The entire construction cycle from design to completion and occupation
- Building safety, construction safety, fire safety at an industry cross-sector/strategic level
- Local authority planning, building control or housing
- Effective community liaison or, working with or for residents’ bodies
- A similar self-regulated body/charter to the BSF Charter in other sectors/industries
- The Early Adopter community: this could include construction, housing association or local authority members of the EAs.
Candidates will need to demonstrate high-level skills and professional experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Assessment, benchmarking and verification
- Major safety management
- Public and resident engagement
- Cultural and/or behavioural change
- Digital Development
- The closing date for applications for all posts is Monday 13th July 2020 at 12 noon
- Interviews for the role of Chair will take place on Wednesday 29th July 2020
- Interviews for Members of the Board of Directors will take place on Thursday 6th and Friday 7th August 2020